Sunday, July 15, 2007

All The Chickies

As of 9:10 p.m. all three of my little chickens are back at roost here in Suburbia. I met my parents half way between here and my hometown to pick up Soccer Boy, and the girls arrived from Houston by plane tonight. All went smoothly except for a moment of panic when we realized the girls needed their birth certificates to fly. I don't know why I didn't think of that, but fortunately, Adventure Guy was able to fax copies to his dad in time.

Speaking of Adventure Guy, now that our fairly long second-honeymoon period is over for the summer, I am determined to get started on my much delayed Best Life diet. Having the kids gone all of June, taking a vacation the week of the 4th, and then having the kids gone for another week was not at all conducive to watching what I was eating or in eliminating alcohol. My waistline, unfortunately, is showing the effects of too much indulgence.

Tomorrow, I will begin Phase Two of Best Life, the keys to which are eliminating six specific foods from one's diet: soda, trans fats, fried foods, white bread and pasta, and high-fat dairy. I also have to get back in the exercise habit. I made it to the gym once last week, which was not what I was aiming for. Fortunately, Gym Girl has to be at her own gym for practice now in the mornings, so I won't be tempted to sleep in on my days off. Realistically, I need to lose 10-15 lbs., which isn't a lot, but it's been hanging around for a while now. I was at my new goal weight last summer and fall, but I started steadily gaining once the holidays came around. I also didn't exercise like I should have from that time until now. Not sure why I'm surprised with the gain. My days of being able to eat whatever I wanted to are long gone now that 40 is much, much closer than 30 for me.

Other than turning over a new leaf tomorrow, my big plans involve more laundry. Yes, more laundry. The kids have brought home several big duffel bags of dirty clothes once again. I think this is my penance for all the fun Adventure Guy and I have had while they've been gone!

No comments: