Thursday, January 11, 2007

5 Things You May Not Know

I was excited to see the tag on the Old Blue Socks and Tales from the Testosterone Zone blogs today because for some reason I haven't had a lot to say this week. So, without further ado, here are five things you may not know about me.


  1. Unlike Sock Girl, I like even numbers rather than odd numbers. I especially like to be sure that any colored candy I'm eating is even in the number of items of each color. I line the items up by color, eat any "extras" in a particular color, and then eat one of each color until they are all gone. Now that you know how truly compulsive I am, we can move on.
  2. I lettered in typing in high school. Yes, typing. I did not, however, add the letter to my letter jacket. I'm sure it's somewhere in a box at my parents' house as I type. I also competed in events such as poetry interpretation and expository writing, but failed to letter in those. How much more exciting could high school have been than that, I ask?
  3. Well, perhaps a bit more exciting because Matthew McConaughey once "rolled" my yard. That's what we called throwing toilet paper into people's trees where I grew up. I'd say this happened about six years before he made his break through in Dazed and Confused. At the time, he was a sophomore and I was a senior in high school. I told the guy who shared this little-known fact with me at my recent high school reunion that I was going to tell everyone I know about it, and now I guess I have.
  4. My father and father-in-law went to college together and knew one another. This had nothing to do with my meeting Adventure Guy, though, and they were surprised by the connection. They were one year apart, and I get the feeling neither one of them cared too much for the other at the time.
  5. I have a pen pal whom I've been in contact with since the 4th grade. She lives in upstate New York, and we've met three times in person. We used to write real letters, but now we just email. I miss the excitement of getting personal letters in the mail. Bills just aren't the same!

This was a hard challenge. I guess I'm not secretive enough. It was hard to come up with five things that would be even remotely interesting which I was also willing to share and which would not already be widely known. So, I guess someone new is now "it." Any takers from the other blogs on my links?

No comments: