Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday, I'm In Love

I don't care if Monday's blue Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too. Thursday I don't
care about you. It's Friday; I'm in love ~The Cure
Yes, I'm in love with Friday. This week, I wasn't sure we were going to make it, but now, all's right with the world in Suburbia. Today started off right when each and every one of us went to school and work. I'm still swamped, but I accomplished by goal of working the entire day--a first for me this week between travel and rampant germs running through the house.

Gym Girl had a birthday party to go to at the local rock climbing gym this afternoon. It gave me a good reason to go ahead and leave the office at a decent time for Friday, even though I "should" have worked late. Once I was out of the office and had dutifully dropped her off at the party, I had even more motivation to catch up with some of my friends from work for a couple of drinks. Never underestimate the power of an apple martini and good company.

I met Adventure Guy back at home after he had dropped off Swim Chick at her Odyssey of the Mind work session. Our region's competition is next weekend, so it's crunch time. They worked a couple of hours this evening and are scheduled for all day tomorrow. In the meantime, the rest of the family headed out to one of our favorite local places for a quick dinner. Friday night, no cooking, another reason to fall in love!

Adventure Guy is headed to Arkansas this weekend to run the Little Rock marathon. The rest of us have a pretty low-key couple of days ahead. After this week, we deserve it!

No comments: