Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Should Get Out More

Today the Oscar nominations were announced, and I realized that I've only seen two of the five movies nominated for Best Picture: Little Miss Sunshine and The Departed. I've been meaning to see The Queen, but I haven't had much interest in the other two movies Babel and Letters from Iwo Jima. Well, actually, I plan to see Letters from Iwo Jima on DVD once it's out and I can watch it with Flags of Our Fathers, its companion film. My prediction for Oscar night is a win for Clint Eastwood for best director and a win for The Departed for best picture. It's my personal pick, anyway!

Adventure Guy is a big movie fan, and we used to see all of the Best Picture nominees prior to the awards, but we just don't have as much free time as we used to now that we're constantly running kids from one activity to the other on the weekend. I find it ironic that when the kids were little and we needed a babysitter we got to more movies than we do now. I have seen two of the three movies nominated for best animated picture, though, hmmm.....

I don't have a lot to say today. I've been swamped at work since I got back since I'm trying to take care of two weeks of work in one. I'm tired, and it's just Tuesday. Not a good sign!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Out of *ALL* the movies nominated in *ANY* category, I've seen two. And I'm trying to think if I saw more than two (first run) movies last year.